Monday, September 29, 2008

Comp 106 Project Plan

My topic for the Advocacy Project is the government funding of art projects and art programs created to improve the appearance of communities. I believe it is important for buildings and structures in cities to be visually pleasing and not too industrial-looking. Clean, beautiful surroundings encourage people to take pride in their community, and decrease crime.

My audience is the Comp 106 class and professor. I believe it is important for young people to understand the connection between art, architecture, and crime in communities because it may be something that they want to become involved in. I also think this topic affects everyone because we all live in communities with buildings and surroundings that we may or may not enjoy.

I plan to use photographs to show my audience examples of communities and buildings that could use improvement and those that set a good example. I will also research programs that are going on currently to improve the look of cities and towns, and what effect they have on the people they affect.

No comments: